Sunday, January 3, 2010

Russian

Last week I failed my Russian competency test miserably for Vangent. I still have a job with them (I hope) but I won’t be getting the language differential pay until I can pass that test. So I’ve busted out all the old Russian study stuff: verb flash cards for the bathroom and reading Russian Liahonas. I’m also watching films in Russian and writing down useful phrases from the dialogue. In general I can feel it coming back fast, which is encouraging, but I’m realizing that maybe I was never super proficient in anything other than conversational and gospel Russian. Now I want to know everything. That way if medical school doesn’t work out, I can also go back and get a quick Russian degree and go work for the CIA as a spy. Last night Ashton said I was talking in my sleep Russian. That’s a good sign.

1 comment:

  1. You kill me...what do you mean if medical school doesn't work out? You are going to medical school. Just get ready.

    ReplyDelete